CudaMiner for OS X has been updated to no longer require Xcode and some other prerequisites listed below. For the updated version, see CudaMiner for OS X.
CudaMiner is a command-line scrypt coin (i.e. Litecoin) miner for Nvidia GPUs developed by Christian Buchner (cbuchner1).
The developer of CudaMiner provides compiled binaries for Windows. Mac OS X users have had to manually compile the source code in order to use CudaMiner, see Mining Litecoin on Mac OS X with CudaMiner. To make this simpler for Mac OS X users, I am providing a compiled version of the CudaMiner releases for Mac OS X.
CudaMiner for OS X Releases
CudaMiner is compiled separately for 10.6, 10.7/10.8, and 10.9. Download the appropriate version for your system below.
|Mac OS X 10.6
|Mac OS X 10.7 & 10.8
Lion & Mountain Lion
|Mac OS X 10.9
|2014-02-18 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2014-02-09 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2014-02-07 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2014-02-06 Release Build
– Adds MaxCoin Support
|2014-02-04 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2014-02-02 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2013-12-18 Release Build||Download||Download||Download|
|2013-12-01 Release Build||Download||Download||Invalid download ID.|
- The 5.0 version of the CUDA driver and toolkit for OS X 10.6 only supports 32-bit.
- Xcode Command Line Tools (download Xcode from the Mac App Store or the Apple Developer website, ensure the Command Line Tools are installed in the Xcode preferences, and then run xcode-select --install in the Terminal. Lastly run sudo xcodebuild -license to agree to the Xcode license)
- CUDA Toolkit 5.5 for 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9 (install AFTER Xcode, reboot after installing)
- CUDA Toolkit 5.0 for 10.6 (install AFTER Xcode, reboot after installing)
How to Setup CudaMiner
- Open Terminal.app.
- Install the gcc46 and curl packages using MacPorts:
For 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9:Shell123sudo port install gcc46 curlsudo port select --set gcc mp-gcc46
For 10.6:Shell12345sudo port install gcc46 +universalsudo port install curl +universalsudo port select --set gcc mp-gcc46
- Open your bash shell profile in a text editor, such as vi from the Terminal as follows:
- Hit the o key to start editing the file.
- Ensure the following lines are added to the file (for 10.6, replace CUDA-5.5 with CUDA-5.0):
C#12345export PATH=/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-5.5/bin:$PATHexport DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-5.5/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATHexport PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
- Hit the Escape key to stop editing the file. Save the file and close vi by entering :wq and hitting the Enter key.
There are a number of command-line parameters available for CudaMiner outlined in its README file. CudaMiner, however, will attempt to auto-tune its configuration based on your Nvidia GPU. To launch CudaMiner using the auto-tune options, simply specify your pool URL and worker credentials as follows:
./cudaminer -o stratum+tcp://yourpoolurl -O username:password