Update 2011-07-13: This issue was fixed in the re-released version of the June 2011 Cumulative Update. If you have installed the initial release of the June 2011 Cumulative Update, it is recommended to install the re-released version to ensure the issues in the first release are resolved.

After installing Service Pack 1 for SharePoint 2010, my User Profile Synchronization began throwing errors in the Windows Event Log. The most concerning one was the following:

It seemed like the Forefront Identity Manager began targeting .NET 4 all of a sudden instead of .NET 2/3.5. In the following config file, I found that a reference to .NET 4 had been added to the supported runtimes:

I simply removed the v4.0 reference and it started working again.

That’s it. Not sure why this was added in Service Pack 1, but this resolves the issues.

Update: Be sure to restart both Forefront Identity Manager services in the Windows Services and perform a full synchronization after making this change.


Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
%d bloggers like this: